Jane started organizing women from different communities over 15 years ago in response to cases of sexual manipulation and violence towards adolescent girls. She has mentored thousands of girls through her “GPende” slogan meaning, ‘love yourself’, currently a global woman amplifying the voices of women/girls living in slum communities locally, nationally and globally.
Jane is the Founding Director of the Polycom Development Project – she is the convener of the Kenyan Women-led Urban Thinkers Campus – World Urban Campaign process towards The City We Need, Policy Unit Expert towards Habitat III, and has contributed to the successful lobby towards engendering of the New Urban Agenda.
Jane has received the following global recognitions:
- Woman Peacemaker 2016
- Millennium Milestone Maker Awardee 2015
- Endorsed among 10 most influential Kenyan women to meet President Obama in October 2015
- Featured in Award Winning Documentary “I will not be silenced” 2014
- Outstanding Leadership Award 2011
- International Woman of Courage nominee 2011
- Community Peace Builder Award 2010.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *